Artscape returns to Charm City on Friday, July 21 through Sunday, July 23, 2017 (between you and me, it’s no coincidence that my favorite local festival opens on my birthday. :). For those who are unfamiliar, Artscape is America’s LARGEST free arts festival, attracting over 350,000 people over three days. This year’s theme, “Camp Artscape: Adventure Awaits” will feature over 150 fine artists with camp-themed initiatives throughout the festival’s visual and performing arts.
If you need more convincing to attend this year, here are 6 reasons why Artscape is so awesome:
1. The live music is amaze-balls: You can enjoy live music from local and national acts on three outdoor stages.
2. Make an impact: Artscape’s total economic impact on Baltimore City is $28.5 million.
3. One-of-a-kind installations & sculptures: The large-scale outdoor art along Charles Street is incredible.
4. The Artists’ Market: Bring your wallets to shop a huge assortment of fine arts and crafts.
5. Food and beverages from local vendors: need I say more?
6. Artscape After Hours: Here you shall party the night away with more art, festivities and music.
Artscape is my absolute favorite annual event here in Baltimore. I’ve attended every year I’ve been in the city and made so many memories along the way. If you’ve never had a chance to enjoy the experience, I highly recommend you make that trip! You can find more information on Artscape 2017 here.
Artscape 2017: Friday, July 21, 2017 – 11:00am to Sunday, July 23, 2017 – 9:00pm
Mount Royal Avenue | North Charles Street